In this module, we learn about how capitalists use their money to create more money through the circuit of capital.
We reflect on the ways that capitalism has been intertwined with racism and patriarchy from the beginning. By tracking how capital evolves throughout this cycle and understanding its historical underpinnings, we can then envision how we might challenge this process and reimagine our economy.
- Explore the relationship between capitalists and workers through the circuit of capital
- Understand that capitalism has been intertwined with racism and patriarchy from its inception
- Identify four different types of capitalists
- Capital is the exploitative relationship between the owners of the means of production and workers.
- It is also money trying to become more money as illustrated in the circuit of capital.
- Racist exploitation and colonialism have been foundational for capitalism. There are four different types of capitalists that make profits in distinct ways: industrial, commercial, financial and landlord capitalists.